Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Remedy Needed

I realized that there are three errands that I really do not like to go on:
1) Going to the bank
2) Going to the post office
3) Going to the grocery store
I also realize that those are serious life tasks. Why do I have to dread them????? The bank and p.o. I can understand....but there is something about the g-store that is unappealing to me. It's clearly not the food because I love food. Would going with someone make it any easier? But how lame is that, "hey! Do you want to go grocery shopping with me? It could be so fun! We could each have our own cart." Maybe its the time of day that I tend to go. Mid-day to early evening is when there are many people, long lines and lots of traffic. I need to pray for delight in running these types of errands because as far as I know, they happen all the time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also HATE going to the grocery store. I used to go mid-day or late afternoon but then found that the store was very crowded and the whole experience became very frustrating. Now I tend to go either later in the evening or in the morning (around 8 or 9am) and I take a friend with me. Dana and I do our weekly grocery shopping together and it really helps with the dread of going. I know several other people who have "grocery buddies". We just pick a time every week (or every 2 weeks) and go to the stores we need things from and its actually fun. Sometimes our schedules dont line up and it becomes hard to run errands, so I do have to make the occasional grocery trip either alone or with Jonathan (which is awesome when he's able to go).

I know what you mean about the post office and bank. I find that there is almost never a good time at either location. I just make up my mind that I need to do it and stick with it.

Anonymous said...

It's because we always use to go together when we lived in the Chat. I get lonely when I go to the g-store by myself. Who'da thought? But sometime I ask people to go to the commissary with me. It's far away and it's so much more fun with someone who will laugh at the condom aisle with me.

Jaime said...

Whole Foods. 9:30 am on a Tuesday morning. Like rain come down, siesta.

Sarah said...

I love to go grocery shopping with people. please call me next time you go. : )