Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Interpretation


Hello new world!
The Dauberts have officially become cyber-social with our very own page "Los Dos Daubertos!" If anyone of you is reading this and saying "what does 'los dos daubertos' mean," allow me to interpret: the two Dauberts. You see, both Michael and I are fluent in Spanish (well, I claim fluency) and majored in Spanish at the University of Virginia. See photo. Actually, it was just me who graduated in May. Michael already graduated a year ago, hence the goofy face I was making the moment this photo was snapped.

We both love to speak Spanish and thought that the title "los dos daubertos" was awesome. Now for those of you who have more than an entry level gringo understanding of Spanish, you may be thinking "what will they do when they have children and become 3 or 4 daubertos?" Honestly, probably nothing. We like the title we've chosen and nothing will interfere. Los dos daubertos nunca cambiara. And so begins the blogging of Miguel and Megan.

3 comments:

mallory said...

I LOVE IT! You have no idea how much joy this brings me. Welcome to the blogosphere!! I love Los Dos Daubertos :)

Jaime said...

I heart your blog, siesta! I'm so proud. And I love your hair in that picture. VS model, hello??

Tia Beth said...

Hola Miguel y Megan! This is Tia Beth from Mexico Nueva, through Minnesota. I am on vacation in MN y wish you were all here. I am visiting Papa Don y Abuela Fran, as well as attending my 30th class reunion. I will miss having Mama Bonita here with me.

I took Spanish 20 anos ago, so this is a mix of Espanola y English; por favor, don't laugh at my attempts. Maybe tu can help me with Spanish! I look forward to reading your blog, especially from Spain, if you can post.

Buenos Dias, mi niece y nephew, with amore (love :)
Tia Beth (Isabel was mi Spanish name in class)