Thursday, June 19, 2008

How Now Shall I Pack?

My day has been consumed by the worries of travel. Oh I worked today, but my thoughts were all on how I can fit 22 pairs of underwear, 17 shirts, 5 dresses, 2 pairs of jeans, 3 skirts, 4 capris, 2 shorts, shoes, hair essentials, make-up, books, etc. into the world's smallest suitcase. Forget the stilettos! Now that I think of it, cobble-stone streets probably wouldn't entertain the heel. Not to mention this is only after packing an entirely different bag for next week's trip to Maine. Goodness gracious. The world of travel just doesn't fit the All American Girl!

But God is good and I thank Him for the opportunity to travel and the earthly possessions that cause these troubles in the first place!


2 comments:

Jaime said...

Gotta love the God shout out at the end. You're funny.

Please bring "a" pair of heels to EUROPE!!! For crying out loud, siesta! I feel very confident that the entertaining they provide will be directed toward your darling husband, sweetie, not the cobblestone. :)

Pedi this Sunday??

Anonymous said...

How do I read Tia Beth's comments? You have me curious regarding her ability to be funny! I read one comment, but didn't find hers. Perhaps it is hidden. Have an awesome time in Maine!
Mom/Mops