Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer

I've missed the blog. It's weird, I guess I'm more of a journal keeper than I thought. June has been filled with wonderful things. Having a 9 month old is certainly a blast. You folks aren't kidding when you say how fun 9 month olds are.

Michael and I celebrated 5 years of marriage!

My baby brother graduated from high school!

Some of my beloved aunts and uncles came to VA for the graduation, always a good time!

Knocked out a fabulous, rustic-elegant wedding at a vineyard on Sunday. Confession, I texted Michael after the ceremony, "Why am I so good at what I do?" Humble, I know. But I was pretty proud of the day.  Wedding #30-something was a home run!

Michael is still loving Chick-Fil-A and is more and more excited about the company. I am also more and more excited, as my intake of Combo #1s and chocolate milkshakes have increased.

Carmen's bed time is more well established now, so Michael and I have been able to have some great evenings grilling out with a margarita or a beer on our wonderful patio lately. I need to put up pictures of that!
 
We also have a tradition of family breakfast's when Michael is home in the morning. We have a new favorite spot that we are beginning to frequent. For some reason, breakfast always tastes better when someone else cooks it for you?

Carmen's favorite book these days is, "Charlie the Ranch Dog" by Ree Drummond (the Pioneer Woman) and her favorite toy is her dolly, Dolly. She is also great at playing Michael's keyboard and walking behind her babydoll stroller.

I've started the birthday party planning for Carmen's ....1st  Birthday?! How can this be, it's only 2 months away. I used to be more of a crafty person, but in my recent years I've had better things to do so I'm a bit rusty when it comes to hole punching. The first birthday is totally about the family and what kind of cake you serve. 1 year olds could care less and will only remember pictures. That being said, I'm trying to keep a good balance of catering to my baby girl's celebration and focusing on the rest of the family that will be there.
 
Here's some pics:  






2 comments:

Heather and Matt said...

Great dress! Can I have it back now?

Heather and Matt said...

Just kidding ;). No rush