Wednesday, June 6, 2012

5 Year Anniversary

On Saturday Michael and I celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary! Typing that number looks so small, but it feels like a greater amount of years. It has flown by but has been so good. It is so comforting, peace bringing, and exciting to know that we will be together for the rest of our lives - celebrating just like this. 


We were busy all weekend with college reunions at UVA but Michael set aside some time for just the two of us on Saturday morning. He booked a couples massage for us and a spa manicure for me at Boars Head.

It was so great! Best part is that Michael might now be hooked on massages which means more for me too. 

We stayed at our friend's beautiful home in Charlottesville - actually the pastor's home of Portico in Cville. Chris and Jenn were wonderful hosts. We had early starts to each day and I desperately wanted coffee each morning. Chris was walking out the door both days as I came into the kitchen but stopped to ask if he could get me a cup of coffee, with cream and sugar? At first I said don't bother, I'll get it myself, but he insisted. BOTH mornings books and bag in hand - heading out on Saturday to teach a class and Sunday to preach (THREE services mind you) he served me coffee. I know it's weird but I felt so blessed and so encouraged at the servant leadership displayed in the smallest of actions and at the most seemingly inconvenient time. It was his joy to serve. Portico is so blessed to serve under Chris's leadership. I hope that I can model that same type of servant's heart. It means a lot. 

Carmen was in little girl heaven because the Atwell's have 3 girls of their own. She was the happiest baby to get to interact and smile and laugh at the girls. I couldn't have planned it better myself! In a weekend full of adult activities and stroller confinement, I was thankful that Carmen had some good laughs first thing in the morning. 

A lot more to catch you all up on later!

No comments: