Wednesday, December 28, 2011

One Great Compliment

Someone said the nicest thing to me recently, "Motherhood suits you well, doesn't it." I loved that. And I agree with him. These past four months have been fantastic. My little love bug is the best thing in the world. Michael and I can't imagine life any other way. All I want to do is hold her, play with her, feed her, change her, show her off and admire her. She's the best.

I loved being pregnant. It was an easy and joyful time. The hardest part was the labor contractions. After pregnancy, I just assumed I'd have months and months of weight loss to work on but lo and behold it all came off. All of it! I hit pre-pregnancy weight about a month ago and it keeps on going down. The best part is that all I've done to contribute to that is eat more. It's been this weird balance of not eating enough because it's hard to eat when you have a baby and then eating so much because I'm always hungry. I love the miracle nursing. Now to keep things real, this doesn't mean I am fit and back in shape. You can totally tell that I've had a baby. I have no desire to wear a swim suit ever again. But I have a work out routine that I will begin to do soon to help out with that part....I know this "eat more food = shed more weight" won't last forever. But overall, I have loved my first experience with pregnancy!

And sleep - well, I get plenty of that! In the world's terms I get plenty - I would still like 9-10 hours of sleep but those days are over. Carmen sleeps beautifully. I cannot complain. She falls asleep sometime around 8:30 or 9pm and then wakes up at 7am. Michael and I are working on getting to bed earlier but have yet to make it a habit. We certainly need to beginning in January - more than that in a few days!!!

I can't do all the things I used to do. I can't keep a tidy house or get the laundry done, but I don't care (most of the time). Being a mommy is my joy and I am so grateful!



4 comments:

brett baker said...

what a JOY to read! so refreshing when I feel like a lot of moms would have complained about the things you're experiencing. THanks!

Heather and Matt said...

Motherhood does suit you well :) You're a great mommy. Looking forward to experiencing that one day...one far away day.

she said...

ah, this post was a blessing to me! as much as i wish i could say i have loved pregnancy, the constant all-day vomiting has made that difficult. but even despite that miserableness, i love love love talking about the pregnancy, reading birth stories, going to the doctor, etc. i cannot wait to share in the blessings of motherhood and pray i can find as much joy as you have!

Megan said...

Glad you all can enjoy it with me!

Aubrey - Hi! I didn't know you were in the blogosphere!? How the heck have you been? So fun, and HUGE Congratulations on your pregnancy! I can't wait to watch you go through it all. Best gift ever. I shall add you to my blog roll right away....