Monday, August 20, 2012

11 Months



Hands down, fastest year of our life. Michael and I find ourselves saying that a lot these days. As Carmen's first birthday approaches, we can barely seem to keep up with the changes and developments she's going through.

Our girl can walk now. She's super cute on her feet. Time to buy some shoes I guess. Can you believe she's almost 1 and I still haven't bought a pair of shoes for her? Aunt Heather, you might have a cow.

She's got 6 teeth. We've added brushing her teeth to our bedtime routine...and morning when I remember.

She babbles the sweetest little words and loves to say "mama" and "dada" but usually in triples: "mamama and  dadada." Carmen also says "woof woof woof" when you mention doggy or puppy.

Why is her favorite thing in the world dogs?! I NEVER trained her to like them. She can't get enough of them. She wants to chase them, pet them, ride them, hug them, feed her hands to them. Gross. I don't know what to do with it. Although, I generally bark every time we're out walking and we see a dog on a leash - maybe that's why?

Her favorite toy is her pillow pet. Her cocker spaniel pillow pet, of course. She wakes up and first thing, "woof woof woof." She is a major snuggler! Give her any stuffed animal and she will cuddle that poor thing until there's nothing left. I love it.

She loves a good beat. Music is front and center in her daily life. She pauses to dance a little jig whenever she hears music. Now that's my girl.

She jumps and climbs. I'll have to capture it on camera soon.

She can wear hair clips (!!!) now and only pulls them out when she reaches to twirl her hair and finds one.

We are so thankful for her. She is the best.

No comments: